LOCAL SOUTH FLORIDA DELIVERY AND IN-STORE
Mazuri® Tortoise LS Diet
25lbSpecial orders take 7 to 10
working days to receive after you place your order. We will contact you upon
Mazuri® Tortoise Diet is a low-starch, high-fiber
tortoise food for dry land herbivorous tortoises such as gopher, sulcata and
Galapagos tortoises. This tortoise food offers complete nutrition in pellet form
and contains yucca to help reduce ammonia odors.
- Complete nutrition - No vitamin or mineral supplementation needed.
- High fiber level and Low Starch - Grass hay based diet.
- Contains natural vitamin E.
- Natural source antioxidants – No ethoxyquin.
- Extruded pellet form - Minimizes wastage and creates a more natural
- Contains live probiotics cultures - May enhance development of GI
- Contains yucca shidigera extract - Shown to reduce aerosol ammonia in
- *Relevant research information: Headon, D.R. and K.A. Dawson, 1990. Yucca
extract controls atmospheric ammonia levels. Feedstuffs. 62:15-16.
- Product Form: Extruded pellet: 1/4" x 1/2"
- Crude protein not less than 12.0%
- Crude fat not less than 4.0%
- Crude fiber not more than 22.0%
- Moisture not more than 12.0%
- Ash not more than 9.0%
- Vitamin E not less than 250
Ground timothy hay, ground
soybean hulls, dried beet pulp, oat hulls, wheat middlings, ground oats,
dehulled soybean meal, cane molasses, dried apple pomace, wheat germ, flaxseed,
ground aspen, carrageenan, ground brown rice, dicalcium phosphate, soybean oil,
artificial flavor, calcium carbonate, brewers dried yeast, salt, l-lysine,
dl-methionine, choline chloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, d-alpha tocopheryl
acetate, biotin, dried yucca shidigera extract, cholecalciferol, beta carotene,
menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), calcium pantothenate,
folic acid, vitamin A acetate, riboflavin, sucrose, fructose, thiamine
mononitrate, vitamin B12 supplement, nicotinic acid, Lactobacillus acidophilus
fermentation product dehydrated, Lactobacillus casei fermentation product
dehydrated, Bifidobacterium thermophilum fermentation product dehydrated, copper
sulfate, Enterococcus faecium fermentation product dehydrated, torula dried
yeast, natural mixed tocopherols (a preservative), citric acid, manganous oxide,
ascorbic acid, rosemary extract, zinc oxide, lecithin, ferrous carbonate, zinc
sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, cobalt
carbonate. Feeding Directions
- Feed tortoises approximately 1-4% of body weight per day. This diet should
be provided to tortoises at 80% or more of their daily intake. < >Feed
consumption will vary with environmental temperatures, level of activity and
animal lifestage. It is not necessary to moisten pellets with water. However,
soaking the product may help to acclimate tortoises to the diet.
- Feed with good quality grass hay. If desired, feed fresh fruits and
- Use at most 5% fruit and 20% vegetables by weight of total diet.
- Always provide animal with plenty of fresh, clean water. Proper humidity
levels are also critical for health and proper growth of
*Relevant research information: Wiesner, C.S. and C.
Iben, 2003. Influence of environmental humidity and dietary protein on pyramidal
growth of carapaces in African spurred tortoises (Geochelone sulcate). JAPAN.
IMPORTANT: A feeding program is only as effective as the
management practices followed. Always provide reptiles with adequate natural
light or a light source which supplies sufficient UV radiation between the
wavelengths of 280 and 315 nm.Storage Conditions
best results store contents of open paper sack in container with sealing lid.
Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Freezing
will not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Use within 1 year of bag
LOCAL SOUTH FLORIDA DELIVERY AND IN-STORE
We will deliver your order anywhere within
the Zipcode Delivery Area chart below.
Please review your zipcode for
delivery days, minimum order requirements and applicable delivery fees when
below minimum order requirements.
Please enter delivery instructions and
phone number in the fields above to set up delivery. We will call you to make
Please enter your delivery address in the Ship
To: address during checkout.
For delivery outside of the Zipcode
Delivery Area chart, or for Exports, please contact us via email
or call (888) 858-1387
for more information.
You cannot mix Local Delivery/Pickup items with USPS
Shipping items in your shopping cart unless you want your entire order for Local
Delivery/Pickup. If you want items shipped via USPS, order them